The Russian company Hoversurf who created the Hoverbike S3, (Scorpion-3) have released the following.
S3 2019 ready for sale model
- No pilot LICENCE.
- No aircraft CERTIFICATION.
- World’s first LEGAL personal drone.
What you see now is a single personal drone – the Hoverbike S3 2019. This drone has officially passed guidelines by the United States FAA part 103.
The hoverbike falls under Ultralight Aircraft, which means no pilot license or certification of the device is needed for use (part 103).
This provides the average person the freedom of flight.
Specifications of the Scorpion-3 Hoverbike
- Weighing 251 pounds (114 kg)
- Hover Capacity 93.5″ (28.5 m) above the ground
- Performance, the bike can reach speeds of 60 mph (96 km/h)
- Endurance, with hybrid lithium-manganese-nickel battery, flight can last for approximately 30 minutes