Depending on available inventory, we ship either Warm & Safe or FirstGear by Warm & Safe branded product.
The product is identical but if one or the other brand name is important to you, send us a quick message.
Warm & Safe Heat-Trollers are true pulse-width modulating controllers, famous for their high quality and reliability.
This is not an old-fashioned rheostat. Heat-Trollers cycle current on and off in seconds, depending on the setting you choose.
They do not heat up and actually reduce amperage draw, on your electrical system, when turned down.
DPCOAX stands for Dual Portable Coax controller,
– ‘Dual’ means you can control your heated gear as two seperate heat zones. For instance, you can control your gloves separate from the jacket. Basically any 2 heated garments but NOT heated garments for 2 different people. Beside from probably drawing too much, controlling the temperature on an other person’s heated garment, without that person being able to reach the control, is not a good idea.
– ‘Portable’ because you will carry this controller on your body.
– ‘Coax’ means it is setup to work with the round coax plug standard found in pretty much all brands of heated clothing. Yes, you can use this controller with your heated gear if it has a coax connector.
SAE, the flat 2 prong plug found on some battery chargers and older heated gear, is an other widely used connector. We have an adapter available to use this Coax controller with SAE gear or, if you want to power this controller straight from your Battery Tender™ SAE battery harness, we have an adapter for that too.
- Use EHUN9301M adapter to connect SAE clothing to a Heat-Troller or modern coax heated gloves
- Use EHUN9301F adapter to connect a Heat-Troller to a Battery Tender™ battery harness
- Size – 1″ x 2″ x 3″ in or 25 mm x 50 mm x 57 mm
- Comes with battery harness with covered fuse holder
- Use this controller with heated liner, pants and gloves, with coax connector, up to a maximum draw of 15 amps
- This model is intended to be carried on you (not permanently mounted on your bike)
- A Belt Pouch is available
This controller will work with all heated gear from any brand if it uses Compatible 2.5MM coax connectors (most do).